1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EA NL-210 Series III bass cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Studiodawg, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Studiodawg

Studiodawg

Oct 25, 2007
    Any of you own the EA NL-210 Series III bass cabinet? If so, any comments? Thanks.

2. wneff

wneff Supporting Member

May 27, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    I converted a NL210 "I" with the new drivers and I love it.

It is a great cab!

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music (retired)
    I ordered a pair for my five string electric bass work with my (sometimes very loud) blues band. Just for the fun of it I decided to have them made custom with white tolex as a "tribute" to the 60's Fender cabs. I used Rustoleum multicolor dark brown spray paint on the grilles, and my son Mark, who I asked to cut out the Fenderish Euphonic Audio in white vinyl found someone online that does raised plastic logos from Corel files and surprised me with these cool badges. Voila!

I got some extra tolex from them and will make lightweight 1/2" birch plywood cabs for the heads I'll use with the pair.

[​IMG]

(sorrry, these aren't available from EA or me, just a fun project I wanted to share)

4. wneff

wneff Supporting Member

May 27, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    Oh how cool! Looks really nice Bob!

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Banned

Dec 11, 1999
    Of course there is also mine, special order, in Tweed with Chrome corners. I have left the emblem off at this time as I am not sure if I am going to add chrome to the standard EA emblem or do something like what Mark and Bob did.

Attached Files:

6. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
  7. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    I have to show you the matching cabinet I made for the Genz Benz Streamliner 900, tho this is my electric, not URB rig; I don't play that loud. Just my "tribute" to the oldies, since a 50w Bassman from the 60's doesn't quite have the same aural impact.
    [​IMG]

8. rbeard

rbeard Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    NICE touch!

9. PrairieDogma

PrairieDogma

Jul 11, 2012
    Hamilton, ON
    Also very interested in this cab. E-Bay caught me in a fit of GAS and with no plan, and I now own an Aguilar TH500 at what I think was a very good price. Now I need a cab.
    I want a '68 Fender Telecaster bass and F-Bass BNF5 to sound good! On occasion, also an URB that I love.
    Looking for: 1. good musical tone, 2. light weight (this cab matches in weight my TubeWorks RT3100 combo that I still like a lot, so it's a contender. But I know I can go a lot lighter), 3. keep up with a drummer having fun (the 100 watt 1x10" TubeWorks struggles with that), and, if possible, 4. able to sound good turned down to acoustic levels.
    Is this cab a candidate? I'm also considering a few 1x12's, including the Wizzy 12, Aguilar SL112 & Traynor TC112 (I'm in Canada). Don't want to high-jack this thread, just keep the conversation going.
    Thanks in advance.

10. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    While I am an EA dealer and was involved with this cab prior to its release, all I can say is I LOVE MY FREAKING TONE as do my bandmates. No honeymoon period has ended, I continue to love their versatility and expression, and I plan to put both my EA VL208 cabs up for sale -- something I never expected to do.

And there are plenty of places to buy these cabs besides Gollihur Music.