Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ear Candy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Plain Old Me, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Hey, I've just made a major discovery! http://www.earcandycabs.com/
    "Ear candy" cabs. Anyone ever hear of em? I played a friends new one the other day, and it was pretty awesome! It lacked a bit in the high end though, being a 212 without a tweet. I just found the website, and I'm amazed that they make these cabs for so cheap! And you get to customize em too! Anyone else have any feedback on them? My only complaint was when my friend and I were lugging it around, the wheels burned out really fast (its got an extension handle with wheels like a suitcase), but my friend called and the guy is replacing all of the wheels and sending people new heavy duty ones free. I may end up with one of these very soon.

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I think SMASH started a topic on these once... but I'm pretty sure he never had the chance to play one.

I don't recall any reviews on these hear....we would definately love to hear some. I played around on their site a while back and I dig how easy their format is. Just wanna hear what more people think about them before going into a purchase

3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    These cabs look great! I like this one in paticular.
    [​IMG]

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Well I played through their 212 with my 400+ and the cab reminded me of my 215 mixed with an Ampeg 810, very very vintagey. Very warm and colored as well. Great lows, great low mids, scooped high mids, and smooth but lacking highs. I think this would be a great cab to pair with a tweetered cab. Since they are custom made, I wonder if they would put a tweet in?

5. It says on their speaker page that they wont use tweeters, so your all outta luck.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The looks of that thing would go GREAT with the old waterbed I had in college . . . ;)

7. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    :D

8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    How awesome would one of those steel faced cabs look with a Triple Rectifier?