Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"earbuds"??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Yeah, they're good.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No, they suck.

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. Yesterday I got a new CD player (that's right, I don't have an iPod or any other mp3 device), and where there should be a nice set of headphones, I get these stupid little plug things. I'm supposed to jam them IN my ears in order to listen to my music. They're uncomfortable, they sound like crap, and they don't stay in my ears for more then like 30 seconds before they fall out...or I have to pay 20+ extra dollars for a set of decent headphones.
    They've become standard issue for personal music devices and somehow are being widely accepted for the use of IPods.
    I ask you, does anyone here actually like those stupid little things?

And just so we're clear, I'm talking about THESE things, commonly referred to as "earbuds".

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Yeah, I'm not a fan. I got the sony in-ear monitors, but I feel like they accelerated my hearing-loss because you jam those IN your ear canal.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    No, i hate them. The only reason I think they are standard issue with the ipods is because they are so compact, and that is kind of the whole idea of the ipod is, right? As for your portable cd player, it just sounds like a cheap cop-out by the manufacturer to include headphones with your player.

4. Yeah, I figure this way they save money by not putting a good pair in with the CD player, and they make more money cause they know I'm gonna go buy a good set. F***in Sony:mad:.