1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Easter disaster: avoided

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by eddododo, Mar 31, 2013.

1. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    going in to our arena-hosted Easter service extravaganza I had several things working against me-

- mystery bad cable
    - new Empress EQ that I wanted to try out
    - and probably the worst of all the problems: my friends American Bulldog bit my thumb last night, which includes a shattered and punctured fingernail

somehow whatever cable was bad fixed itself, the EQ worked out perfectly, and your hand bandage on my thumb actually sounded pretty good for slap ( even though it hurt like hell )

and look, a wonderful day outside happy Easter everybody

2. Man, to you and all other musicians, take care of your hands! I'm always extremely careful, sometimes it may come over as being a sissy, but I don't care, as long as I can keep playing I'm willing to do it.

Happy Easter and take care of your thumb, it hurts even thinking about it...

3. i had a bad gig once...i had to play with a missing string and i was really sick...and because i was sick, my right ear got really stuffy. it got so bad that halfway through the show i couldn't hear anything at all with my right ear. it was a really bad experience, but somehow i got through it.