1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Easy ID

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by M0ses, Mar 6, 2010.

1. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Hey guys. I got this bass from a pawn shop a while back, but I've never really been sure, and always been curious. As you can see, it is labeled Fender, but elsewhere on the headstock it also says Squier. The serial number appeared in the Fender database, but it did not disclose whether or not it was genuine Fender or Squier. It really doesn't matter a lot to me either way, as it plays very well, but I'd like to know. Sorry for the blurry pics, my camera is a piece of junk and this is the best I could do.

The headstock.
    2s6k0g0.jpg

Fender® PRECISION BASS® Made in Korea, serial number CN330964
    2cy0irr.jpg

Squier® SERIES
    1zqwtqw.jpg

I think this one is obligatory, right?
    my4l.jpg
    Yes, I did pose for this, and yes, I have great bassface when I'm actually playing :p
    Cheers :D

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    It's a '93 Squier P-bass. Squier is owned by Fender (stating the obvious is a hobby of mine), and I have to assume Fender felt that putting their name on the bass would help sell it.

3. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the reply. I just really wasn't sure, I've never seen a Squier with a big-letter Fender before.

4. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Its a fake, real Fenders don't come with a reverse headstock...

:bag:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020