1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eat Turkey or AC/DC concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Sep 11, 2008.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Whooo hoooo!!!! :hyper: They are in concert 11/23 at Xcel center in St. Paul. I have seen them twice already back in 1984 and IF not mistaken in '85. Sorry folks cant make the family gettogether this year, I'm going to see AC/DC. :hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist:

2. I'd take the turkey. Always nice to gather with family, and I have no interest in seeing AC DC live. Have fun though.

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

I'd go turkey too. But then again I don't like ac/dc.

4. i dont eat turkey, so ac/dc wins by default.

5. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I don't like turkey... so I'd choose turkey.

6. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I'd eat turkey with the family early and then go see AC/DC. Why is this an either/or question?

7. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    yhea your right, I can do both. Thanks :hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist:

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've never seen AC/DC live before, but I have decided that when AC/DC comes to Orlando, I will be going even if it's Christmas. Unfortunately, the closest to us they've booked so far is Atlanta. But since Brian Johnson lives in Sarasota, no doubt they'll be coming here. I couldn't give a crap what anyone says here, AC/DC is one of the greatest rock and roll bands in history and since they're all either 60 or close to it, who knows how many more tours they've got in them? So yeah, eat the turkey in the afternoon and go rock out, bro!

9. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota

I know thats right!!!! I do need to make a quick self correction here.....Thanksgiving in on the 27th...so turkey dinner is a non-factor...FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK WE SALUTE YOU!!!!!:hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist: Tickets go on sale 9/20th....not soon enough.:atoz:

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Did you catch Brian and Angus on Howard Stern the other day??

Couple of clowns--I got a kick out of that interview.

11. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Just bring a turkey leg to the show. Problem solved.

12. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota

+1

13. I hope they come to Orlando.

14. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I saw em a few years ago live, what a show. But they came 10 minutes from my house so I'd do both. And no one ever talks about anyone from that band being an ass.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You bet I did! I actually listened to it twice. I don't know how those guys do it, but to make the same album 16 times over and still be relevant to today is no easy task. I predict that song "Runaway Train" will be big, and my kids will be asking if I ever heard this new group AC/DC ;)

16. maryjstar89

maryjstar89

Sep 9, 2008
    Ditto. I'm not really a big fan of turkey, but can I eat something else? LOL. AC/DC is alright but I'm not sure I'd sit through the whole thing.

17. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    I saw that they're coming to town-
    Tickets are $92.50!:eek:
    At that price I'd go only if they re-animated Bon Scott!