1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ebay purchase- should I be nervous?

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by chris1125, Jul 29, 2012.

1. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    So I bid on these endpins on ebay, partially thinking they could never go that cheap then the other half thinking they might be cool and I could use one if I ever got my church bass restored. Just noticed I won, oh boy. Anybody know what these are? My guess is they're cello endpins but I don't think I've seem them like this before. The closest ones I've seen were bent were the wood ends and the metal starts but clearly these aren't. Somebody please help, I don't know what I'm going to do with these things :bag:
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=120956577690&index=0&nav=WON&nid=77603960459&trxId=0

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    They are most likely cello endpins. The endpin goes into the cello, then the tapered peg goes into the endpin and has an adjustable metal peg coming out of the other end. You stow it in your case (or leave it at home by accident). The idea was to allow for a fairly long endpin that wasn't too sproingy. The other idea was to have something that you could accidentally leave at home. Carbon fiber pins are probably the better solution nowadays.

I've been looking into a carbon fiber pin for the exact reason that my cello endpin is too sproingy.

3. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    Do you think I over spent or can I find somebody that can use these?