1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EBS Microbass

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Jason Hollar, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Has anyone tried one of these recently? This came up over on the EUB forum and gots some GAS bubblin'.

http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm

Looks like both inputs would be an ideal match for peizo pickups and the features all seem useful...except maybe the overdrive!

2. youngheo

youngheo Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    it works great with my fishman pickup and lakland electric bass.

Really useful and super portable.

I may need to sell mine in order to buy new cab, so pm me if you want it...:ninja:

3. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Supro, Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Source Audio, Pigtronix, & Fishman
    I use one for doubling gigs. I like it but I don't love it. It gets the job done, but it's not really my sound on electric and I prefer the sound of my Fishman Pro EQ platinum for double bass. It's really convenient and gets a good sound and is the right impedance for any type of piezo. The big plus for me is using it as a practice amp when I'm on the road since it has a built in headphone amp and you can run an iPod into the effects return. The DI is nice and clean if you go pre EQ and the battery life is great. It is just not MY sound, but it is great for playing around town and keeping things simple.

4. AZNBassist

AZNBassist

Jan 14, 2004
    Denton
    +1 on the fishman pro platinum. I don't know about the Microbass, but in my experience the Fishman has been great. In addition to improving the tone of the pickup on my bass (Realist) even when I keep the EQ flat, the feedback phase shifter has been a godsend when trying to fight feedback. Also, unlike other gizmos with batteries I've tried, the Fishman will warn you about 4 hours in advance before the batteries die, so I think its pretty cool :D

5. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    You know, I tried the Fishman Pro Platinum and found it to be kind of noisy.

I'm pretty sure I started flat and made only minor adjustments...

I did like the compressor...that's a cool feature.

Just wanted to hear more about the EBS because of the cool piezo-friendly inputs.