EBS or Electro Harmonix or Mutron III+?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I am looking to get a couple of effects. I play mostly funky stuff on EB. If EBS I am thinking about the bass IQ, and Octaver, and mirosynth pedal from them. If Electro Harmonix I was thinking about the Q-tron plus or just Q-tron and the synthbass thing they have. Or just maybe the Mutron III+. WHich line is better?
  2. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    I have the Mutron III+ and it rocks............ :) :bassist: :bassist:
  3. alanwolf

Sep 22, 2004
    I have the BassIQ and the Octabass, and they're both very solidly built. No bass loss at all. The IQ, to me, has a smoother sound than the Q tron. But people on this forum have commented that the IQ is too clean sounding. I'm not sure about the HAZ Mutron—it's not like the old ones, which did vary quite a bit (only have guitar exp. on these) but it does offer more sounds than the others. If you wanted to go the lots of knobs route, I'd more seriously look into the ModMax Filter by Studio Electronics. Overkill, but many great sounds (may be my Xmas present to myself).Moog has some filters to look at too.

The octabass allows seamless octave blending and tracks really well. I've just gotten a used one and am getting used to when I want to add it in. The octave notes have the same texture as the fretted notes—exactly what I was hoping for. The only other octave down that I've used is on my TC G-major. This tracks almost as well, but can add a high pitched hum to the mix, and even at 24 bit losses the textures.
  4. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    That's funny. Because on my G-major the tracking is slow. You can really hear it when you play fast - it sounds like a blur of tones. The G-Major tracks lower than the Octabass but not faster IMO.
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Do you mean EHX Microsynth, EBS don't make a synth pedal as of now.
    The EBS is a very good octaver, however a lot of people including myself use the Digitech BAss Synth Wah which is a better tracking octaver than any out there I've tried.