EBS Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chris J, Oct 29, 2004.

1. I was just wondering what peoples' thoughts on the EBS Black Label pedals were. They seem pretty interesting to me. What do you guys think? Do you guys know how much they cost on average? Or if they're even sold in Canada? I can't seem to find any official dealers from their site. Thanks, all.
  2. {OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    BassNW carries them:

IME, they are well-built, quiet and fairly transparent. I like the multicomp and the octabass..... The bass IQ was good, but just didnt have enough "funk" to it for my tastes....

:edit: They are a little on the pricey side,( on average, around $200.00-230.00 U.S.) but you do get what you pay for.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Is there a particular pedal you're interested in?

As OE said, they're generally quality pedals. Whether you like them or not is a matter of taste.

Club Bass in Toronto carry the EBS line
  4. I was thinking about the multidrive and unichorus pedals. The octabass sounded neat but for $200US I don't think an effect spree would be in order. As it is I have the Boss ODB-3.....which is why I want another OD pedal. :meh:
  5. bassmatik

Oct 19, 2004
    i have the filter, the multidrive and the unichorus.
    they are really well built.
    they sound great.
    they are made with bass players in mind, so they don't mess up with your bass signal.
  6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Well built pedals, but not everyone likes them. I really like the unichorus pedal.
  7. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    IMO they are overall almost the best pedals you can get. Always usefull, not messing up your sound...just an enlargement of your sound and not really a major character-changement of it.

A disadvantage could be that they don't really pop out of the speakers and don't sound nasty enough. But with my BassIQ, Chorus and Octabass I can get lots of sounds, which gets me compliments of others all the time!

(besides that, they are very well built, compact and they look great too!)
  8. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I don't think I can add much. Well built, sound great, but at the same time they sound "polite". Like De Teng said, they don't alter the characteristics of your tone, for better or for worse - sometimes, with some effects, you might wish for just that!
  9. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Club Bass in Toronto carry the EBS line[/QUOTE]

10. Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Next time I'm in Toronto I'll have to check that out. Maybe Long & Macquade carries them too.
  11. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I think Songbird carries them too, at least in Toronto they do
  12. I have the EBS MultiComp. I paid $238 American.

It really is the best pedal I own. I used the Digitech Bass Squeeze before I bought the EBS. The EBS pedal is simply light years ahead in quality and sound than the Digitech. It's really well-built and makes my bass tone thump in your chest.
    I will never play with out it. I think that says it all.

I also use:
    1. BOSS Bass EQ
    2. BOSS Bass Chorus
    3. BOSS Bass Flange (1980's MIJ)

I recommend EBS pedals.
    I want the Multidrive.
  13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've been listening to a lot of recent live Funky Meters and PBSi. I contacted George Porter Jr. to ask some questions about playing and gear (watch the front page, Paul will be posting my interview :smug: )

Turns out he uses 5 different EBS pedals... I'm GASing hard for a BassIQ & Dynaverb now
  14. I tried songbird in Ottawa and despite their massive collection of pedals I didn't see any EBS. I'll have to take a second look though as I was rushed last time. I did have time to spot the Thumb 6 with barts though.....the salesmen were kinda...not there so I wasn't able to try it out. Also had a 78 precision which was nice to look at . I'll post my findings after I go.