ebs/realist combination-please help!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by conor_maccarthy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. hi all.
    i am using an ebs drome (12 inch)with both a realist and an underwood(although not at the same time),and a boss bass equalizer.i would like to know if anyone has used this amp or has heard of it being used with upright bass.i am getting a large amount of feedback even at low volumes and can't do anything to stop it.
    any other suggestions for small,portable quality amps for upright?
    any help is greatly appreciated
  2. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    I have seen last June someone using an EBS drone and it was doing the job (sorry, I don't remember what he was using between the bass and the amp). Maybe your problem is a lack of preamp? Have you tried the various imputs available. Personally, I don't think that a bass equilizer is of much help.

You can check the Jonas Lohse DB guide for infohttp://www.doublebassguide.com/, especially re impedance in the "amplification basics" section...

The small GK is very widely used for DB amplification. The Contra also. Check thoroughly the Newbie Links, problems like yours are topics of endless discussions.