EDB 600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whitmore, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    I know it is not a favourite among you TBers but I got it back when i didnt know too much about tone and all that stuff. Anyways my question is how i do i get a non muddy tone out of it (without putting in new pickups or n e thing along those lines). I will be playing it thru an Ampeg SVT-450H and SVT-610HLF any advice on eq on the bass or on the amp would be helpful.

2. doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Coincidentally, I have one for sale in classifieds so that makes me an instant expert on them. :cool:

I strung mine with Rotosound rounds, and that brightened it up considerably.

But with the balance knob rolled to the back pup and the treble boosted it should get bright enough to bust glass!
  3. infectus-alex

Oct 17, 2005
    I have an EDB605... and i love it - i hohnestly think its one of the best basses you can buy price wise. The tone controls are very forgiving, it has treble, mid, and bass controls, + a pickup selector type thing - I find that pretty much any sound is gettable. I used to use rotosounds on mine... but now swaer by Nanoweb Elixirs - i find they have a great tone - and feel really nice. But, i would say if you are having trouble with the sound being muddy... then maybe you should have a look at the settings on your amp? You shouldnt have any trouble getting a nice tone out of the bass!