1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden 115t

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Worshipbass12, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    One of these in my local craigslist with a blown tweeter for $100.00
    Is this a good cab? Fair price?
    I just got an eden wtdi and i'm in love with the eden sound so was looking around for heads and cabs and saw this one any info would be much appreciated

2. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    you need to buy this cab because the chances are the tweeter is not blown but the protective fuse bulb (festoon lamp) easily replacement, is:D
    It's a 115XLT?

3. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    It's a d115t

4. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    If that's the case, then this is a great deal. Even if you had to replace the tweeter, it's still a pretty good deal. These are the first run of Eden 15s. They are solid cabs. Do a search for reviews and decide for yourself. I can't say if this would get you the "Eden sound" that you hear in your head, but for $100 it couldn't hurt.

5. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Unscrew this bit and look at the bulb fuse:
    [​IMG]

6. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    $T2eC16NHJHwFG18iRQU5BSWlVV1v4w~~48_20. Unscrew this bit and look at the bulb fuse:

7. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Thanks guys i was thinking for 100 bucks as long as the woofer is good that it couldnt be a bad buy

8. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    I have the D115....no tweet.....love it love it love it......you might be okay if the tweet doesn't work

100_3928_zps5644e8d5.

9. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Even if the tweeter bulb is intact, a replacement tweeter diaphragm is something like $15. Make sure the woofer has no creases and the cab is solid (I like to knock on them with my knuckles everywhere to test for cracked panels beneath the carpet). Play it loud and soft--if it's good, walk out with it!

10. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Just got off the phone with him apparently he's a guitarist and just had these for studio use it's the one on the bottom
    It does have a mod for a speaker pole for attaching mains also not a big deal my amp will sit on top of it

11. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    That makes it look like the Eden was used for subwoofer duty, something it's not really designed for, so check the cone VERY carefully for creases, and listen carefully while you're playing through it. If they had the tweeter turned all the way down, as you'd expect in subwoofer duty, the L-pad may have burned up absorbing all the power that would normally go to the tweeter. Again, not an expensive fix.

12. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    What's an L-pad?

13. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    The red knob on the jack plate that controls the level of the tweeter--turn it up for more tweeter or down for less. Eden recommends never turning it all the way off or the pad will burn up from too much current. Replacements are available at PartsExpress.com cheap.

14. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Thanks man!!! Learned something new :D

15. Great buy....long as the woofer checks out ok....used one of these edens"no tweeter" under a 2x10 cab....sold it off a few years ago...the guy who bought it has it still going strong.....good luck :)

16. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Our schedules don't line up to meet until saturday nov. 2nd hope it's still available and in good condition

17. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    ^^^This! I have a D115 also, and if I could get another I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I could get one for $100 I'd do it in half a heartbeat!

And I've disabled the tweeter in my Eden D210T, prefer the sound sans tweeter, so if I had a D115T I'd pull the bulb/fuse anyway.

That is a great deal!