Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden amp settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Growler, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    I've had my eden nemisys 210 for a week now, and was looking for some help understanding what the "Enhance" and "Quasi Parametric Tone Controls" do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Growler

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Enhance scoops out the mids while "apparently" bossting the lows and highs at the same time. (Good for dialing out punch in my opinion)
    Semi-parametric means you can select the frequency you want to boost or cut with the +/- knob.

(A fully parametric EQ gives you a third knob which allows you to select how wide an area surrounding the selected frequency point you also want to affect. This control is referred to as the "Q" . with this control you can specify a very narrow frequency range to be affected or a very wide freq range.)

A semi parametric EQ is very useful and makes Eden amps very ideal when you desire to tweak your tone.

Eden uses semi-parametric EQ sections and makes the "Q" decision for you by engineering it into the EQ circuit. (abuse of a fully parametric EQ in the hands of the novice can do much to degrade the sound of a bass)

Kinda like giving a 17 year old a Maserati.