1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden E300 plus ... EX115 8 Ohm or EX410 4 Ohm ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AidanB, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AidanB

AidanB

Nov 22, 2017
    Hello bass people, I need some advice please...

I moved over from guitar to bass a few months ago and have just joined my 1st band as bass player. I'm looking for a gig worthy bass rig and have the opportunity to buy a new Eden E300 + cab from my local music shop in the UK at a pretty good price (head £229 cab £299).

The band I'm in currently has great PA support, everything is DI'd, the PA is very powerful with bass bins etc so FOH is not a problem. I need a bass rig mainly for tone and to hear myself on stage. Stage volume isn't massive because the drummer uses an electronic kit. Style of music is rock, r&b and pop.

I really like the Eden sound and I have an EC10 at home for practice. I've tried as many different amps (mainly combos) as I can find including Fender, Markbass, Ashdown but come back to the Eden kit for tone. I haven't been able to try out Ampeg, GK or Hartke.

My basic question is: should I get the E300 + 8Ohm 1x15 which I can add to later (e.g. add a 2x10 8Ohm) or do I get the E300 + 4Ohm 4x10 which is obviously much louder and would suit many different band situations but isn't expandable because it's already at the amps min impedence (E300 = 300W @ 4 Ohms).

I really like the sound of both cabs but I think the 4x10 sounds best to me and yet I feel that to get the 4Ohm 4x10 would limit my options down the road...

I read all the way through a 2015 thread that was asking a similar question but I would have value further thoughts and any alternative rigs in the region of £500.

Many thanks in advance.

2. evadbazz

evadbazz

Mar 21, 2018
    What did you end up buying? I see no one responded to your thread. I love Eden amps and cabs. I have the Eden e300 and 15 cab which is perfect for me.

Bassman474 likes this.
  3. Bassman474

Bassman474

Sep 1, 2010
    Ohio
    Update?