Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden & GK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Sep 25, 2005.

1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    After playing through a great GK stack (2001rb, sbx410 and sbx 115).

I think I had found my sound.

But to make sure I had found my sound. I'm just double checking, after reading threads about eden heads and GK heads. it seems to me that they have similar aspects?

I might be wrong, but I do enjoy the crispiness I got from that 2001rb.
    I was just wondering if I could achive that same tone or better from Eden.

Eden is well known and in my book really cool gear.

Although the eden gear is more expensive than the GK stuff I'am looking at, I figured I should just make sure and cover all the bases.

I wouldn't be able to try any eden gear out, all of the stores around me carry ampeg, swr, and GK.

However I just got a new GC right in town, so maybe after awhile they will carry eden gear. But nontheless, could you guys help me out.

Thanks!

-Rob

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've had Eden and GK rigs and don't find them very similar. Both are high quality, good sounding amps. I think the GK is a bit more "modern" and clean sounding, and the Eden a bit more low mid heavy and a bit more "tubey". Of the two, I prefer the Eden sound, but you can't really go wrong with either.

3. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Thats good to hear.

Another thing I want to bring up is I had read through some threads and guys had said that some of the eden's amps had some hiss or buzz to them.

Was this just a few models or does the same problem still persist in the newer heads?

-Rob

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I had an Eden WT 400. I've used my buddy Tim Cole's former Eden WT550 and Eden Nav. preamp. I never noticed ANY noise.

5. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Good deal, I went to basstatsers and listind to the navigator clips. I can't tell, but I would really like to play some eden gear.

What other high-fi or articulate amp companies out there?

I seriously thought I would of found my tone in an svt and a 810, but after playing through an svt and an ampeg 810 to me it sounds like crap.

So who knows.

Another note, to bass players who are in search of a rig, playing it before you buy it makes a world of difference.

-Rob