Eden OHM/Upgrade Help Please!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slap_happy, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Hey guys,
    I was about to close the deal on a WT-550 with Bass Central today but then found that it had been sold like 2 days earlier. I was also going to get a 4ohm 410XLT in excellent condition for really cheap from someone else which is still available. I'm considering the possibility of a WT800 bridged into an 8ohm 410XLT, but I might not be able to find an 8ohm 410XLT for as cheap as the 4ohm one I was going to get, and my budget is pretty tight.

What would be involved in re-wiring the cab from 4ohms to 8ohms? Who would have to do it and how much would it cost?

Also, for those of you who know, does Eden offer an upgrade from WT-800 to WT-800b? This was I could bridge into two 8ohm cabs down the road.

2. Sorry, but you cannot rewire a 4 ohm cabinet to be 8 ohms. You would have to replace all of the drivers. It's not economical IMO. That's not to say that the 4 ohm D410XLT isn't worth buying.

Eden does upgrade the older WT800 to 800B for $495 :http://www.eden-electronics.com/accessories/upgrades.asp