Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Silver Series 2x8 Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Well guys, I finally got to take the Eden Silver 2x8 to a couple gigs so here is my review. I'll say that I'm running a Modulus 6 String and a Double Bass with a Bass Master Pro pickups and preamp.

The Pros:
    This amp sounds GREAT!!!!!! Nice tight lows, crisp highs, and strong mids. I've never heard my upright sound soo defined and clear. Everyone in the band commented on how clear the upright was. The electric sounds great on it also. Id have to turn down the treble quite a bit on the bass because the tweeter is soo crisp, but thats not a bad thing. Most of the night I ran the EQ flat with a bit of Enhancement. The DI was clean and strong. Getting the amp to the gig was awesome because of how small and light it was. PLEANTY loud with some head room for a jazz quartet..

The Cons:
    Just a couple trivial things. If youve seen the amp, you'll there is one main input and one aux input. The main input goes through the full EQ. The aux input only has gain and tone controls. I thought this was GREAT. I could have the EQ set for the electric and the tone on the aux set for upright (you dont need much more than that for DB). Well, the signal from the Aux input doesnt go through the DI which really sucks. Everytime I had to switch between electric and upright, I had to reset the gain and tweek the EQ a bit. Second, it would be good if it had a tweeter volume or on/off switch. I personally dont like running the tweeter on the DB.

Over All:
    GREAT Amp and GREAT price. The cons I mentioned can be worked around fairly easily so they arent a big deal for me. I highly suggest this amp for someone playing in jazz / small group situations. Obviously, its not a rock rig. The only think I might do is run a 12in extension for big band situations. Other than that, I love the amp. Blows my Workingmans 10 out of the water.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!!

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Cool review. I need to get my hands one one of these to try it out.

3. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Thanx for the review. Seems like a very cool little amp. I have a Workingman's 10 with the 10t add-on cab. Any idea how the 2x8 compares to that?

4. I was running the WM10 with the extension also. Volume wise, comparable. The WM10 with extension might have a VERY VERY slight volume advantage but nothing to write home about. Sound wise, 2x8 beats it no doubt.

5. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Thanks for the info! :)