1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden WT800C vs Markbass SD1200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman8416, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Just wondering if anyone has compared the two. I have owned the Eden....liked it, but heavy.
    Appreciate any comparisons.
    Thanks

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    The Eden is more flexible tonally, and has tons more character. Not even in the same ballpark. If the Markbass SD1200 uses a AB switching power section then it's even a few steps further from the Eden. Just my two cents.

Bassman8416 likes this.
  3. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I've owned the SD1200. I've never owned the Eden. I've tried several Edens and the tone was too colored for my taste. One man's "character" is another man's wooly and undefined.
    The SD1200 was very clean, clear and with the semi-parametric mids and two tone filters, I thought it was very flexible.
    I can definitely say the the SD1200 was hands down the LOUDEST lightweight amp head I've ever played to date. Just pure, raw power and it is loud right from 7 o'clock on the master volume and deafening by 11 o'clock. If you like or need high volume, this is it. If you need more subtle volume or more linear volume control, you may want to look elsewhere. The SD1200 wants to play loud..all the time...and right now.
    I moved on from it for those specific reasons.
    Just my $ 0.02 as usual.

Bassman8416 likes this.
  4. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Figure I would try and bump this one more time for a couple more opinions. Thanks.