1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WTDI Into Stereo Power Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by raferalston, Mar 4, 2013.

1. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    What would be the best way to use an Eden WTDI as a pre for a stereo power amp such as a QSC RMX when I have two cabs?

Bridge and then daisy chain?

Or is there a way to use both outputs from the QSC when I only have one output from the Eden WTDI going into the QSC?

The cabs are different which is why I think I'd like to control their volume seperately.

2. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    Connect the WTDI to the power amp per the manual's instructions. Do not bridge the channels. Bridging would make both channels work together and you would lose the ability to control both outputs. Run the power amp in parallel mode and connect the speakers to either side. You should run the power amp in parallel mode so you can connect the WTDI without using a Y connector.

3. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    So, I only need to connect the WTDI into the first channel of the QSC? If it's in parallel mode it will allow for output from both channels even when using just the one input from the WTDI?

4. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    I believe parallel mode uses the same input to drive both sides of the power amps, and the sensitivity of each side can be individually adjusted.

5. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    I think you connect to the first channel in parallel mode, but check the manual to be sure. Yes, you have control over the output of both channels in parallel mode.

6. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    Much thanks

7. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Yep, one line from the WTDI into one channel, which feeds (internally) both channels. Open up the PDF user manual and search for "parallel." You're after "parallel inputs" and "bridge mode off." The 4 DIP switches are adjacent to each other. And don't forget to enable the subsonic filters at either 30 or 50, depending on your cab's -3dB spec at the low end.