1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Educational?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'm sure many of you remember this video, those who don't... this was on Sesame Street and was presented as educational.

I love the video/song. Totally brilliant animation, but if I was a child trying to learn to count, I would be so confused! The chorus is logical, other than that, they are just shouting numbers in random order. No wonder so many people these days our messed up

12345 678910 1112

2. My son and I love this song. We sing it together all the time. :) I think it was the Pointer Sisters who did the original versions for SS.

I thought they had made 11 of these , for the numbers 2-12 (no 1 for some reason). This "long" version you posted was something that was done about 5 years ago, combining all these individual songs for the purpose of making a "house" mix for dance clubs. This is just the video for the extended mix.

Or maybe I'm wrong. :confused:

Anyway, here's a more representative version... ;)

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I've watched this with my daughter a few times, and it's a classic old-school Sesame Street clip. Psychadelic learning!

They got some great people to record some of their songs back in the day. More recently, there was a version of "I don't want to live on the moon" done with Ernie and Aaron Neville. Nice.

Ever notice how tame Oscar is nowadays? Back when I first watched in the '70s, he was one mean S.O.B. :p