1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

effect return as an aux input?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wengr, Oct 22, 2010.

1. wengr

wengr

Jul 21, 2010
    Hello, I have an amp with no aux input (LMII). what would happen if I was to plug an mp3 player into the effect return and control the volume at the player? Would it blend with the bass signal and be a makeshift aux in? Would it possibly damage it to try?

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Won't hurt anything, but most FX returns cut the signal from the preamp so you won't hear the bass. I don't know your amp, but would assume if there's no FX level controls, the FX return Jack is a switching Jack that kills the signal coming before the FX loop.

John

3. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs

it'll be mono, so to get both sides of your audio, you should use a 'Y' cord and then the appropriate adapter to plug in. They are set up for line level, so a headphones out won't be ideal, and could be noisy as well. If there is a line out on you audio unit, use that.

:confused:

Never heard of that....

Cheers,
    Cameron

4. Spina

Spina

May 14, 2011
    Did it work? i have a similar problem and question

5. Hi.

Don't know about LMII, but on my SWR WM10 I do that all the time with an iPod.

Regards
    Sam