1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effects loop on EBS Microbass II

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JimmyM, Apr 2, 2009.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Considering using the loop on my Microbass II because I'm just not feeling distortion without a blend, even from the terrific VT pedal. Unfortunately I'm not home for a few days and the Microbass is, and I'm so wishing I had it to play around with. In the meantime...

The manual says the loop is serial when the blend knob's at 100% and serial when it's at 50%. Is that just a fancy way to say that the clean and effected signals are half and half at 50% and all effects at 100%, or are there more implications to it?

I plan on sticking at least my distortion and phase/flange effects in the loop and blending them, and keep the time and pitch effects (if I ever decide to use any time effects) in line. But I'm undecided about two of them...envelope filter and synth (if I can ever find a decent synth pedal that doesn't cost a fortune). Do any of you blend clean and effected signals with these effects? If so, please discuss the whys and wherefores. If not, same.

TIA...I'm trying to get up to speed again with you kids and your pedals, but you're so far advanced with your Assmasters and your Butt Rippers and your other gay-themed pedals ;)

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The blend doesn't go all the way from 0 to 100. There's always a hint of clean signal even with the pot turned full on. Otherwise yeah that's how it works.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Thanks JA. So now that that's out of the way, any opinions on blending other pedals besides distortion? Bumpety!

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It's after the EQ so technically speaking, at the same place as an effect loop on an amp except that it deals with pedal levels too. The boost on both gain and master is exceptionnally strong in this pedal. Pretty much any pedal can be used. MY only grief would be that you can't turn it off with a footswitch.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Thanks again JA, but what I'm trying to solicit is opinions if blending helps out effects that aren't traditionally blended like envelope filter or synth. Turning off the loop with a switch would have been a good idea, but I can deal.