1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects Power Question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_lord_mutha, May 27, 2011.

1. Ok, so I've FINALLY got my pedalboard the way I like it, but I've run into a little snag. I've got nine effects pedals (Boss TU2, Ibanez SB7, EHX Bassballs Nano, Boomstick Bottom Feeder, EHX Bass Big Muff Pi, Orange Squeezer clone, MXR Phase 90, DOD Deep Freeze chorus, and Dunlop 105Q bass wah) and I'm powering my pedals with a BBE Supacharger, which only powers eight, so right now since the Orange Squeezer clone is the newest effect, it's the odd man out. However, I had forgotten that the TU2 pedal has a 9V out on it. Would it be safe to run one effect off of that 9V out (I dunno if this helps or not, but I never engage more than 3 pedals at the same time)?

2. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Yes, the power out on the TU-2 should work fine. In fact most power supplies put out enough amperage from each output that you can run a daisy chain cable and power several pedals.

For power consumption it doesn't matter how many are engaged at any given time. All pedals are on when they're plugged in to the signal chain and power supply, the effect is just bypassed or not.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Yes.

4. Cool that's what I needed guys, thanks!

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I use a One Spot into the TU2 into about 9 or 10 pedals. No issues.