EHX Battalion: Where Do You Place Yours?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fernando Valdez, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Fernando Valdez

Fernando Valdez

Jun 1, 2021
    Hey guys! New member and first-time poster on this site - so apologies in advance if there is a way I could have done this better...

So, I recently switched back over to playing bass as my primary instrument after years of playing guitar and mandolin in multiple bands, and along with that, began some upgrades to my previously very underwhelming setup: new bass, new amp, some pedals. The first pedal I purchased was the EHX Battalion and I LOVE it for the amazing and versatile tones I can get using it.

My question now is where I should be placing it in my signal path. The setup isn't super expansive yet. All I have now in addition to the Battalion is an EHX Q-Balls and a TC Electronics Corona Chorus (I know, I know. Planning on switching it out soon, but it's treated me well so far - had it for guitar originally) but plan on adding a boost of some sort, a Boss DD-7 Delay, and probably an EHX Micro Synth.

Any advice or input on this would be greatly appreciated. Obviously, I will just be experimenting through trial and error in the meantime and between-time, but I appreciate this as a resource and community. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  2. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    Most likely first, but depending on your needs. First in the chain if you want it as a DI of a dry signal, and EQ/Compressor and Noise Gate at the beginning of your chain. There it would also be handy for using the distortion, which is pretty good, especially for a multi-effects pedal in that price range. I used mine as a signal splitter as well by sending the dry off to my clean amp, the XLR out worked just fine if FOH preferred that over the back of the amp's XLR out.

Also, Welcome to the site and to the low end!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021