1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Double Muff?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Yes? No? How is it?

I'm looking for a fair bit of dirt, and this little thing looks like it would be more versatile than a little big muff. BassPlayer gave it a good review. How does it hold the low end?

http://www.ehx.com/reviews/BassPlayerreviewDoubleMuffandPulsar.pdf

[​IMG]

*edit* Is the single circut the same as the new nano muff overdrive?

2. Romain

Romain Effects Addict Club member #15

I owned one recently: it's an interesting box since you don't mind losing a bit of low end, as it is designed for guitar first. EHX says it adds a little overdrive in single mode, but I think it's much more a fuzzy tone here; double mode makes your bass scream but you'll get a guitar tone with it, with a lot of mids. You'd better definitely try a real Big Muff, as it has a tone button, so that you can preserve a little bit more of low end.

And ah, yes: I sold it to get a Fulltone Bass-Drive, holy grail of all bass overdrives (but it's a lot more expensive!).

Hope this will be helpful.
    But never forget that thing: try it and hear if it's the one you need! :bassist:

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    From my experience with it, I've found that it is essentially two nano Muff circuits in a single box. It sounds fine, but I found single mode to be less gritty than I'd hoped, and double mode had had a bit too much oompf to be useful.