1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Stereo Misstress

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ScottB., Mar 24, 2009.

1. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    Devon, UK
    I've been looking at flangers and choruses and came across this the other day. Does anyone have experiences with it?

I'm watching some youtube demos of it now, but they all seem to be for guitar. My local shop doesnt seem to carry it, and from what Ive heard from the fx database on here I've liked.

So does anyone here have one, what can you tell me about it?

I also dont understand the filter matrix mode.

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    The filter matrix mode just holds it in one spot of the sweep range so you can manually sweep it or just leave it one spot.
    I loved mine, but my band didnt call for chorus or flange so I got rid of it. I love the chorus on it, not very warm though.
    Find Boo's review of it, very detailed.

3. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    This one is next on my list of pedals to get... sounds pretty cool, seems versatile, and doesn't cost too much for a quality dual-effect pedal.

4. jblock

jblock Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    CT
    Excellent for bass. No loss of tone and a nice option for subtle to crazy sounds. You can't really go wrong with it.

5. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    +1. Good chorus and lots more.

6. +1 - if you're in the market for a good chorus and a good flanger, get this. I'll get another if/when I need it or have extra funds...I miss it. It's crazy good sounding, very versatile.

7. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    I have an SEM and absolutely love it. This pedal is never leaving my board. I disagree with the comment above about the chorus, I find it to be quite warm, definitely warmer than the Clone Theory. The flanger has a unique sound to it, and can get quite metallic when the depth is at max.

The filter matrix mode is just a frozen flange, not oscillating, and you can leave it anywhere in the sweep range. At certain frequencies, it gets these weird resonances, and can get very hollow and bell-like.

Awesome pedal :bassist:

8. Kano2864212

Kano2864212 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    Totally worth every penny. I doubt it will be leaving my board any time soon.