El Whappo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shatner, Feb 2, 2005.

1. shatner

Sep 22, 2004
    Isle Of Wight, UK
    Been thinking about possibly upgrading in the not too distant future and I like the look of the Accugroove El Whappo. I know a lot of people on the forum use the 2x10 accugrooves. Anybody got an El Whappo? How does it sound? Are the speakers efficient?

I like the fact I could go from 2 cabs to one easily portable cab. I know it's expensive but I could afford it by selling half the unused middle-of-the-road gear I've got. Currently own two Ampeg classic cabs (2x10 and 1x15).

2. mgbass

Mar 31, 2004
    Northern KY

I have had an El Whappo for almost two years now and without a doubt it can handle anything you throw at it. The lows are tight with a B-string and the entire cab gives you whatever you want out of it.
    The mids and highs are crystal.

From a small club to an outside venue Whappo will never disappoint you. Drummers that I play with love it because they can feel it, without being too loud.

It is a large cab, thank God for the wheels, that said, it is worth every minute that I play through it.

You will not be disappointed.

3. CurbowPete

Aug 28, 2004
    I have one also. It's one loud cabinet and I'm only running it at 350 watts. I'll second the comment about feeling it. I've used it in a 2000 seat auditorium and friends have told me that they could feel the low register up in the back of the balcony. That was without PA support too! The sound is everything I've searched for in a cab. I've had mine for almost a year and it has never disapointed me!

4. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004
    How large is large?Can you give the dimensions and weight.I have been thinking of one also. Thanks.
  5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  6. I've recently migrated from using four Acme LowB2-II cabinets (2x10" in each) to a single El Whappo. It'll take anything that you can throw at it, and is faithful to the sound of your instrument. The new (mildly lighter) model is easy for one person to manage and surprisingly it is not a large cabinet. Enjoy!
  7. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I usually handle my el Whappo by myself. I can manage to get it down stairs, over curbs, etc by my self. It's lighter than most 410s. Going UP stairs with it is a different story...