1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Electro-Harmonix Announces the Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Karli, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Karli

Karli

Jul 21, 2017
    Bielefeld, Germany
  2. KokaKola

KokaKola

Jan 21, 2015
    Kalamazoo MI
    YESSSSS this is a great way to start the morning, going to be grabbing this for sure. Smart move by EHX, the blend/mids/gate are fantastic editions. I'm sure the price will be reasonable. Can't wait to get one!

Karli and 2010P like this.
  3. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Street price is $149, which is really a perfect number. Just under all the boutique offerings with every mod a bassist would want. EXP in too! Pricey enough though to satisfy the cork sniffers too. EH has definitely been doing market research.

My only question is do the tone controls only affect the distorted signal or do they affect the clean signal too? I guess an EH dude would have to chime in on that one. Perfection would be to me if they left the clean signal alone. I hate when tone controls are global because then the clean signal gets all weird.

Driven Crane and Karli like this.
  4. KokaKola

KokaKola

Jan 21, 2015
    Kalamazoo MI
    I agree, that's right where it should be priced, still cheaper than a lot of comparable "boutique" versions. I wonder how much it sounds like the Green Russian, it sounds like they went for something between that and the Civil War circuit, which I believe are super similar anyway. I love the graphics too. Ugh. Might as well pre-order now.

Veldar, Karli and 2010P like this.
  5. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I'm seeing if I can get 25% off from Prymaxe. The blend makes this one special for sure. EH is clearly going after the small builders recently.

Karli and KokaKola like this.
  6. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    a0695c756498ddeb54ee5aeac091d4f1a24e1c2f234a3dd00f4fba6498b681c6.

Swimming Bird, Karli and KokaKola like this.
  7. Karli

Karli

Jul 21, 2017
    Bielefeld, Germany
    Yes, that made my day for sure!!! Good to see there are a few of you out there who also like the news!!!

Cant wait to get my hands on one!!!

Love and cheers
    Karli

8. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    cool news

Karli likes this.
  9. filler83

filler83

Jan 5, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    anyone know when this will be available?

Karli likes this.
  10. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Really liked the sounds on the demo. Good job, EHX!

I'm amazed how many EHX pedals I not only have but actually regularly use, on bass, even though most of them aren't marketed as bass pedals.

Excellent, creative effects at a great price.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    gregmon79, Karli and Robertron like this.
  11. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    Got one as a Christmas present today, it sounds AMAZING! I love the mid boost and wicker mod, they make it sound really gritty in the best way possible.

2010P, JamesNC and Karli like this.
  12. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    Did you try it with an expression pedal yet? Prepare to be blown away.

13. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Don't have a Russian muff, am interested to see how it might perform at lower gain. Anyone a/b this against vintage russians or WC Box of War, Tall Font, etc?

Karli likes this.
  14. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    I haven't yet, but I plan to buy one so I can try it. I already fiddled with the frequency on Hi Q (which I like more), and got an idea of what the "fuzz wah" sound is. DEFINITELY gonna get an expression pedal soon.

Karli likes this.