Hi- Not really a pickup issue (but maybe it is). Didn't know where else to post. I have a 1994 Warwick Streamer LX. I bought it used in November. At that time it had a 9v battery already in it, which lasted up until June. I bought a 2 pack of Duracell Alkalines and replaced the battery. Problem solved, no big deal. After a couple of practices, I started to notice my volume was noisy. When turning the knob and sometimes touching it, there would be a loud static noise. I figured I should check the ground and that there might be some dirt in the pot and planned on cleaning it. The noise grew worse as I delayed cleaning it. Finally tonight I sat down to clean...decided maybe there was a problem with the particular battery (read someone else's post with something about a "bad cell in a 9v battery") Anyway, the newer (but 3 weeks) battery made the noise go away slightly, but there still was some "dirt/static" when I twisted the knob. I opened the compartment and looked inside, everything looked fine. Then I changed back to the old battery to compare once again. Then all hell broke loose... I noticed a very small trail of smoke...smelled like burning plastic. I assume the electronics are fried as now the bass makes no sound in active mode, and only very faint in passive without the battery. What went wrong? Anyone have a ballpark figure on new electronics (2band) + installation? I'm dreading the coming bill. Please help.