1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elton John Uses PEEX for Live Sound. hmm...

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by lat, Sep 28, 2019.

1. lat

lat

Dec 30, 2014
    Lower Basstonia
    I might actually want to try this sometime, but it would still be weird, I think....

What say you?

Wearing headphones at a concert isn’t as weird as I thought it would be

Pulverizor and DonaldR like this.
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    wow, so it's finally happening!

i've mused for years about how the ultimate no-compromise hi-fi live PA would be everybody in the audience on headphones somehow, and here it is

they even include some self-mixing capability ("i wanna hear more of the guitar player") and the unit syncs itself to the time delay of the sound waves from the actual PA no matter where you are in the arena.

lat likes this.
  3. lat

lat

Dec 30, 2014
    Lower Basstonia
    I was initially really against the concept of this, but I had envisioned everyone at a concert sitting there with earbuds in, listening to a live band, with no ambient sound. This setup makes far more sense, where the personal listening experience is just in support of the ambient mix. I could actually see myself using it...

walterw likes this.
  4. walterw

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    i could see a future where everybody has adopted it and the stage sound is nothing but subwoofers to create the "feel" while everything else is handled by the earbuds

lat likes this.
  5. lat

lat

Dec 30, 2014
    Lower Basstonia
    Personally, I would still want the full range of sound coming off the stage, with the earbuds just reinforcing that...

6. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Hard of hearing systems are getting more and more sophisticated , Wi-Fi oriented , low latency (there is some but it's inevitable, every wireless system induces latency) , they are already implemented in bigger places/arenas.
    So it's not far fetch to see these thing appear , they are already there , for other purposes.

Passinwind and lat like this.
  7. walterw

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    i thought that was just digital wireless, that old-school all-analog wireless was just as fast as any other analog processing, basically zero latency

AlexanderB likes this.
  8. Pulverizor

Pulverizor

Jun 14, 2018
    New Zealand
    I would absolutely try this!

9. Cool concept but I wish it was developed to use with whatever headphone or iem's the user would want with it. Those included ear buds look pretty cheap and I'm not a fan of the ear bud design I'll take in ear monitors over that everytime.

10. Disreguard my previous post I read more into it and you can use your own iems or headphones very cool

11. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Does analog wireless exists anymore , appart from older units ?

12. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    It's cool that you can control your own mix. I've wanted to do that at many shows, especially lately. Plus, you can control the volume so as to not (further) damage your hearing. I like it!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020