1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG 40DC pickups with Glockenklang preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RIM Basses, Mar 8, 2008.

1. RIM Basses

RIM Basses Custom Basses from the UK

Aug 6, 2006
    Luton Town
    Hi Guys,

Im currently about to fit a pair of Emg 40DC's in a bass, ive been looking to use Glockenklangs 3 band preamp. Im not quite sure if this will be the best pre for the pickups, has anyone else used other preamps like Aguilar etc with the 40's

Cheers,

Robbie.

2. RIM Basses

RIM Basses Custom Basses from the UK

Aug 6, 2006
    Luton Town
    Any Help!

3. bassike

bassike

Apr 24, 2008
    Montreal
    I also have the same question
    Cause I have a bass that came with the EMG-HZ
    But I want to get the 40DC
    The thing is, I’m not 100% sure but I think that you can’t use a different preamp
    You should check out the EMG web site
    Or ask in one of those places where they sell pickups.
    Another thing to do is, check some basses that come with the 40DC’s and see if they use a different preamp.
    That is what I’m doing but I just started doing some research
    I’ll let you know if I find something.

Virgilio

4. bassike

bassike

Apr 24, 2008
    Montreal
    I heard Aguilars work with EMGs.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Any EMG pickup will work with any pre, but not every EMG pre will work with other pickups.

6. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Hey, I'm not sure if you want to colour the sound with your preamp or not, but I fit a Noll preamp on the EMG 40DC and it was VERY clean and transparent, but the EMG systems really wasn't that much worse. Unfortunately for me it was the 40DC sound I didn't like but the Nordstrand Fatstacks took care of that. Good luck!