1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG JVX sent two neck pickups ? What Gives?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Jan 6, 2018.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    :mad:I just received my brand new set of EMG JVX pickups in the mail (from Sam Ash music online). I was over the top excited when they arrived today at my front door. I opened the box only to find that I have TWO bridge pickups! One pup should be labeled LJ (long J housing), and the other one SJ (short J housing), I received two SJ's :mad:. Has Anyone ever had this sort of issue with EMG pickups? JVX in particular? Please let me know; right now I'm super pissed; Now I have to contact Sam Ash and return the set for another one that has the LJ (bridge) pup, GEEEZ!!

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    It’s possible that they offer, and you received, a pre 2001 Fender MiM set. Before 2001 Fender Standard MiM Jazz basses had two short (neck sized) pickups.

NigelD and madjazzbass like this.
  3. silky smoove

silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I bought JVXs a couple years ago. I received a neck pickup and a bridge pickup. They sound fabulous too. Sorry to hear about your situation. Was Sam Ash or EMG to blame?

madjazzbass likes this.
  4. If they were packaged as a set it's EMG's fault.

5. madjazzbass

madjazzbass Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    EMG. BUT, When I contacted Sam Ash they were asking if I made a mistake and ordered the wrong ones! :bored: No, I didn't order the wrong ones; there was no "option" to choose from on the Sam Ash site as to wether one wanted one long (bridge) and one short (neck). Who in the H*** orders two neck pickups for a Jazz Bass??!! Yeah, I know All About the MIMs that have the same size pup in both positions, but Really! I open the (brand new) box and find two neck pups and I was Livid!! Even the instructions state/shows that there should be one long pup and one short pup. So Yeah, someone I suppose, screwed up over at EMG ... unless they're actually sold that way to some Bassist ... I don't know, but two neck pickups are useless to me. ANYWAY, I already shipped them back (for free) to Sam Ash for an even exchange for the correct set - which are these (photo from bestbassgear.com) L/S size X series set. 20180107_192210.

6. silky smoove

silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    That stinks. Glad it’s going to get worked out in the end, but still. Fortunately they’re WONDERFUL pickups. They breathed new life into a Jazz that I always wanted to like more than I did. They absolutely did the trick.