Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EMG MMTW ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Jan 9, 2006.

1. They seem quite nice, and I want to get one for the custom fretless I am building. It would be a bridge pickup, and the only pickup on the instrument. Good idea? Opinions? Thanks.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

never had a EMG MM but looks good to me. At least they make them standard MM config so you're not routing for some freak pup, more than EB did with the Bongo. You can always throw a different MM in or add another pup later.

I've had better than half dozen EMG's and probably a dozen MM's. Basically a bridge player and they work fine as a stand alone there. They'll be brighter there but even in a bright bass I haven't found it to be excessive and I like a solid bottom too. Depends on taste.

I don't know if you can choose which coil is single coil in operation but if it's the bridge coil by default, I would consider that in placement.

If they had made MM's with 4 reversable towers, then you could have just flipped it over.