1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

eminence

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by catrunes, Mar 28, 2006.

1. hey i am having a 212 built for me and cant decide between either kappa pros or the omega pro 12s. could someine tell me the main differences if any besides magnet weight?
    thanks,max

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Go with the new Deltalite II.

3. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    you really should contact Eminence with your internal box dimensions and let them offer a few options. the speakers need to be properly matched for the particular box, or visa versa. I learned the hard way... I put a pair of the "original" Delta Lite 12s in my SteelSound 212 cab and now the box is only good for about 100 watts or so, even though the speakers are rated 300 watts each. This is due to the size & design of the box.

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT EMINENCE

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I would run the two proposed designs through WinISD. Also, maybe the cab builder would be willing to discuss the curves with you and help with the choice. The basic curves are sensitivity, max-power, and port air velocity at the output power of your amp.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    If your cab builder doesn't know enough about speakers to answer these questions it's quite doubtful that he knows how to build a properly engineered cabinet either. A speaker is a lot more than just a box with a couple of drivers inside.

6. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004

Would you mind giving me the dimensions of your cab please?

7. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    i sent you a PM

8. Yep. Lots of glue, and tolex, and corners and stuff, too.:spit:

Seriously though, on even a basic box, there are some design elements that are critical to getting what you paid for from your speakers. I'm not a stickler for "engineered" designs in the cabs I build, frankly I'm not smart enough for that, but I will at least design a box of the proper volume and port tuning for the speaker.:D
    C7

9. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    + a billion....just 'cause it's the same size driver doesn't mean it's an identical swap.....