1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani PS 1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hooda1, Apr 14, 2010.

1. hooda1

hooda1

Jun 7, 2008
    Hey guys, I'm curious is to why I don't hear anything about the Epifani PS 1000. I hear some good things about them but not enough to make me get one yet. I could use some thoughts on this.

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Maybe its because they aren't as widely sold as Ampeg or the other leaders. I guess the best results come from matching the head with their cabs.........good luck :cool:

3. jmiles45

jmiles45

Sep 27, 2008
    Marketing Manager for Fodera Guitar Partners, LLC
    Well I have the PS400 head which as far as pre and stuff goes is identical to the PS1000, just different in the power section. Ive had the head for about a couple months now and am really enjoying it. The EQ section is very useful and dynamic. I almost leave it flat and i never had to play alot with the EQ to get a good sound. As a matter fact every setting ive ever used on it sounds great. I especially like that mid cut knob. It just dials out the mids (not sure the frequency) without boosting everything else and is really helpful. The amp sounds very even from top to bottom and notes come out thick and warm. It to me sounds warmer then the 502 but still it certainly has the character of that amp (the pre is identical to that of the 502) but a little less HiFi sounding. One thing i guess i appreciate about the amp (while probably not a big deal) is its ease of use and straight forward design. Everything is laid out nice and straight-forward. At least for my sound and IMO its a plug n play head. It hasn't failed on me yet and the construction is great (with the rackears, frame, etc,) and the layout on the inside is very clean. I really would recommend it to anyone.

Regards,

Jordan

4. hooda1

hooda1

Jun 7, 2008
    Hey Jordan thanks for your help on this. I've been holding back but now I think I'll spring on it.

Hooda

5. WarwickDude68

WarwickDude68

May 31, 2010
    Northern CA
    Hey Hooda,
    All I can say is that the PS1000 is ultra SICK! I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and it absolutely blows me away. I use it with two of the old school Epifani T310-NYC cabs and it is the best tone I have ever had. :D

epifani1.

Warwick + Epifani = STELLAR TONE! ;)

6. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    I've had my PS1000 for about a month now. It has the same pre as the first channel of the UL-902 with a warmer sounding power section. I have mine paired with a fEarful 15/6 and the tone is amazing. 500w X 2 or 1000w biamped @ 8ohms. It's versatile and musical. The mid cut is awesome to go from finger to slap in an instance. I built my own footswitch and now I am good to go. I would not hesitate in picking one up. You will not regret it.