1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani Quest - Mute or Not?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grooveway, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Just received an Epifani Quest II pre amp today.

In the very short time this evening playing around with it, I love it. As tight and warm as my old Trace solid state and then some. Running through an old Crest 800. Lots of punch there.

A couple questions though:

1. The mute switch. With it muted, I can still faintly hear the bass guitar. It's an 18v active setup, Modulus. This is even with the gain set completely down. Does the mute just pad down the gain or is something wrong? I've always assumed a mute switch took you out of the signal path immediately, before it went through anything.

2. Where can I find a footswitch and a manual. Couldn't find a download for the manual on their website.

Thanks for the help.

2. matt_m

matt_m

Feb 19, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets
    I have a Ul502, the mute switch does the same for me, but is not audible through the p.a. when in a live situation (at least not that i can tell). I think that that is normal. As for the footswitch, I think you can order it from GC. I got mine there.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
  4. Thanks guys.