EQD Spatial Delivery Envelope Filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Planespotter, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Anybody own one of these or tried one? I'm very intrigued but there's not much on the internet about these, and no bass clips. Thanks in advance!

2. bruno40gr

bruno40gr Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    (Disclaimer: Mine is up for sale on the classifieds)
    As you said, there's not much info about it, and not really advertised as a funk machine.
    Plays well on bass. Retains a ton of bottom end and can certainly blow up your speakers if you hang out too much on the left side of the range knob. You can adjust the sensiblity and the pedal will react well to your dynamics. That being said, its bass friendly, but not made 'for bass'. Can get as quacky or muddy as you like and the tones are rich, but its hard to dial them in on the go (eg: during band practice) Most of the time I found myself lost in the mix when twiddling in between sweet spots.
    What disappointed me was the Sample and Hold mode. Being a previous EQD owner, I was expecting some sort of Arpanoid-ish sounds, but the arpeggios were weak and never cut through the mix. If i wanted to make them sound better, I'd loose the settings of the previous upward sweep (left) mode I was in. This didn't happen with the Arpanoid.

Hope that helps

3. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Thank you for the info!

4. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Juan and Nick got you covered!!

(FWIW, now I want one)

5. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Awesome video! Thanks for sharing!

6. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    I had one for a bit and liked it. The Sample and Hold inspired me to get a Prometheus DLX(which is still in transit over a month later :( ) but you do have to lose your sweep filter settings to find a good S&H setting. It's a good filter, not as wet sounding as a Fwonkbeta but good.

7. Anonymatt

Anonymatt

Jan 3, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Any other cool s&h pedals like this?

Still loving fwonk so dunno if this is worth it just for down sweep and s&h. Would be cool to have a mod pedal with s&h source, like a Night Wire Deluxe.

Somnambulance likes this.
  8. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Alexander F.13, and Subdecay Prometheus DLX. The Subdecay Proteus does S&H too but not too well IMO.

9. Anonymatt

Anonymatt

Jan 3, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Those were very cool. The F.13 was kind of what I was thinking, but I wonder if the s&h sound doesn't really cut through when it's not a hi-q filter.

The spatial delivery reminds me of a couple presets I had on my zoom 505 back in the day.

Somnambulance likes this.
  10. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Has anybody compared the Spatial Delivery to some of the old standbys like the Qtron, Af9, FX25 etc? I haven't actually seen a Fwonk Beta in person so I don't have that frame of reference.

11. expatmuso

expatmuso

Sep 3, 2015
    I picked one up recently and made a sound demo video. The Spatial Delivery seems to work well on bass, and I love the sample and hold feature for trippy, ambient effects.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021