1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ERB + Camera + too much coffee =

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by James Hart, Aug 12, 2007.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'll regret posting this because of some obvious clams that I left... but what the heck.

I have a digital camera that records 3 minute movie clips, I thought it'd be neat to video my recording process & splice it together. I hit record on both the camera and Sonar while writing a song... I had a basic idea, built the drum track, recorded the 2 chord tracks (only one was videoed), jammed/wrote the bass line and recorded it then did one take of a solo over it.

Worker Bee 7 -> analogman compressor & King of Tone -> Delta 44 sound card. some tracks have EHX Nano Small Stone and/or Ibanez AD-9

2. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    I don't think you should regret it. I really liked it, nice grooving piece. Excellent sound, that BEE is killer in tone......thanks alot for more GAS I don't need :)

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    thanks... My bass needs stopped when I got the Bee. Fred's stuff is incredible.

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I only got to watch 4 seconds of it before I closed it, my net is capped and it's slow as hell. :( I'm gonna watch the rest tomorrow when it is reset though. I liked the 4 seconds I saw. :D :p

5. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    that was really cool. I enjoyed it! how long did it take for you to edit everything together to line up correctly?

6. I'm having a really bad night, this really calms me down, thanks a bunch.

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I really liked that, nice tune you've got going on there! The tone of the Bee was very nice too!

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us

well, I started the piecing together the drums around 9:30pm and had it finished before 3am. I think the actually recording / mastering was finished by 12:30am the latest.

I was really confused by the video editing software I used (Vegas and Mpeg Video Wizard) so I picked up the Adobe stuff for next time .

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

9. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    James, great tone! The lead line, was that the KOT? :bassist:

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    yup! compressor, KOT red side and a little delay. The box is killer! That is plugged right into my sound card... I need to record some through my rig, it's much better :smug:

I have a hit bit rate MP3 of it here if anyone is interested
    http://www.myselfalone.com/media.htm

11. sweet, my iPod is going to be very hip now

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us

13. Nice playing James :bassist:

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool stuff James, very chill.

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    thanks guy!

16. I'm liking that tone a lot. Also, for the soloing, I like your phrasing, it's very emotional. Good work!

~K

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    wow, thanks [​IMG]

18. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Nice piece James ...... :cool:

19. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Really nice James, I must get Fred to make me a 7. The Bee 5 I have is great but the Antoniotsia 7 must be replaced.

I wish I had the time to put in the thought and work that you do into your recordings. I am envious...........

20. Amazing. That was just too cool. That's the distortion tone I've been craving, too... ungh. GAS flaring.