1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ergo-5 FS $500

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by wilsonn, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    Ergo 5 string EUB. Mahogany. Piezo bridge transducer. About two years old. Perfect looking and playing condition. Since I bought a DB I don't play this. More information is available at www.ergoinstruments.com. This model bass now sells for over $750. My particular unit has the tone control.

$500. Pics below.

Also available only with Ergo: Undercover Cases EUB. Thick, thick case with cordura. Lots of pockets. Sell for over $125. Still has tags. Perfect fit for the Ergo. $75 with purchase of Ergo

Also available only with Ergo: Fishman ProEQ preamp. Good match for the Ergo. Mounts to the back with velcro. Comes with little 6 inch 1/4-1/4 cable. $75 with purchase of Ergo.

ALL OFFERS and TRADE OFFERS considered.

2. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    Pics added. Price lowered.

Attached Files:

3. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    one more pic

Attached Files:

4. guidum

guidum

Dec 9, 2008
    Mostar
    Hello, do you have any sound clips?

5. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    I don't have any of me playing it, but on the Ergo site there are some here:
    http://www.planadmin.us/ergo/?q=node/7

The clips there are fairly representative of the sound, but the sound is kind of dependent on the preamp and amp you're using. I had been using the Fishman Pro EQ III http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1205-FISHMAN_PRO_EQ_II_PREAMP.html
    and found I got a sound I liked more than what's in those samples.

The sound also changes with bridge height. On the makers suggestion, I raised the bridge for a time with small pieces of maple and the slightly raised action made the instrument sound more like a DB. I've since gone back to stock.

In any case, it's been very good in situations where a loud band requires high levels of amplification without feedback.

Hope that helps.

Neal

6. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    Price drop

7. PM sent re: bag.

8. PM'd.
    Beautiful bass. I'm looking for my first upright and can't think of any bass I would rather have, and god bless, it's in my price rang.e

9. guidum

guidum

Dec 9, 2008
    Mostar
    How much is the price of this baby?

10. guidum

guidum

Dec 9, 2008
    Mostar
    Ok i see now. Is it still available?

11. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    All PMs replied to. Still available at $500 plus shipping, bass only.

12. guidum

guidum

Dec 9, 2008
    Mostar
  13. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    Stand included in price. Sorry, not shipping this instrument out of North America. It's just not worth the hassle. Sorry.

14. guidum

guidum

Dec 9, 2008
    Mostar
    No problem about that. If we agree you can ship it to Dallas. Could you tell me about condition of the instrument? Is it overused? What is condition of the fretboard? Action? Finish? You can reply to my mail miomao788@yahoo.com
    Would you consider 450+shipping?

15. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    PM replied. Condition is like new. No signs of use at all on the fingerboard or anywhere else. Action is low for an upright. Electric bass players find the action to be comfortable. I've lowered price twice and the bass is like new, so I am now firm at $500.
    Thanks

16. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    All deals have fallen through. Still available.
    Trades: DB pickups, mixers; 4x10 cabs, preamps, gut strings, 3/4 bass cases,

17. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Free bump for a GREAT EUB. I love my ergo to death.

If I had the resources right now I'd grab this off you since I've been dying lately for a 5.

18. Mrmusicmaker

Mrmusicmaker

Apr 16, 2009
    Greetings Wilson,
    I would love to buy your bass. Email me back if its still available.
    I would want the case and preamp as well. Would pay paypal. Let
    me know soon. All thanks! Searcy Ewell,Jr.
    Home email is searcyewell@yahoo.com

Will be at home after 1 today. All thanks! Searcy

19. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    Sold. Thanks, Searcy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.