1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ergo case???

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by clokwise, Feb 14, 2013.

1. clokwise

clokwise

Sep 7, 2012
    I have been searching high and low for a good ergo case option. I'd like to be able to carry the stand in the case with it. I've seen people use the fishing rod tube but I don't like that particular application for me. And standard rife cases aren't long enough.

The best I've seen was a snowboard case, but it doesn't seem to add much protection. Has anyone tried this or have a better idea?

2. vondran

vondran

May 13, 2012
  3. Aahzekiel

Aahzekiel

Mar 5, 2012
    It doesn't hold the stand, but this is what I use and I'm happy with it: http://www.samash.com/p/Stagg_GECEDB Hardshell Electric Bass Case_-49945003

I've had to train myself not to leave the stand at home when heading out for gigs. Once was enough...

The case is for a Stagg EUB so the fit isn't perfect. I added a little acoustic foam I had sitting around as padding to hold my Ergo 4. The case was front-heavy and awkward to carry with the front trying to drag the ground, so I added a small dumbbell weight in the back of the case, and now it carries level.

It's not a flight case - it's already starting to get beat up and busted around the edges. I gig every week, so it's seeing some pretty good travel and often being thrown into the back with all the other cases... pretty soon it'll be beat up enough that I'll acquire some kind of custom SKB case or something.

I tried a soft longbow case/bag for a while, but gave it up quickly as possible - it simply didn't offer enough protection to the instrument... and one day after the bass had been in a medium-warm car for a long drive, I noticed that the finish on the bass was picking up the pattern of the cloth inside the bow bag. Arg! No sir, no ma'am, no thank you.

Get a hard case. :)

Peace
    -Trey

A friend of mine with an Ergo 6 uses a rigid softshell recurve bow case, but if I recall it cost $150 or so, and that was more than I had handy.

4. bass0823

bass0823

Feb 7, 2011
    I tried the hard fishing rod case but didn't like that I had to carry stand separate.

Got speaker stand case from Carvin instead. Has some padding and stand fits as well. $39 plus $6 for shipping.

I bought some thick foam to protect my ergo bass from stand and add more padding.