Ergo or NS?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by werner vw, Mar 20, 2006.

1. werner vw

werner vw

Mar 26, 2004
    I really want to buy an electric upright bass (sadly acoustic upright is too big for my appartement;) and EUB is easy to move). And i want a six strings (this is not the subject of the post). The only six strings i have seen are ergo and NS Design.

NS Design:
    -really beautifull
    -seems to be polyvalent with magnetic pickup
    -seems to have very good finish

-very expensive
    -the sound i have listened on the diferent artist site sound more like a fretless

-very good price
    -seems to have a good sound according to the sample of the site

-very simple

Is anybody have something to say about this EUB? Is there anywhere any good sample of a NS that is more like an upright?

Thank you.
  2. BBMS

Jun 29, 2005
    the Ergo I use with my students has been great! It sounds great, is easy to play, and I appreciate the simplicity. It also has held up well under middlle school student use, and keeps intonation well. MY
  3. daHammer

Oct 25, 2005
    New York, NY

Based on my NS experience if you don't ever need the "fretless" electric bass guitar sound, don't pay extra for the magnetic pickup. Either way, with better than stock strings (many people like D'Addario Helicore Hybrids; I prefer Corelli 370F's) and with the piezo pickup set for arco (not pizzacato) you get an excellent upright bass sound: very moderate sustain and a very percussive attack.

4. Another possibility would be a Clevinger 6 string
    like the Imperion. The Imperion even has a midi
    pickup option.
  5. werner vw

werner vw

Mar 26, 2004
    Thank for the answer!:)