Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eshenbaugh Singlecut Stolen in Chicago

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Eshenbass, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Hi all,

:( I am extremely sad to report that one of my basses, an ebony top single cutaway, was recently stolen in the Chicago area. I have no pictures to post yet, but there are some excellent shots and description at Luthier's Access Group. I should point out that, while LAG is based in Chicago, and did have this particular bass in their posession at one time, they had nothing whatsoever to do with it's theft, (as far as I know) ;) . I will fill in with more details as I recieve them, but I will tell you what I know. The bass was stolen from Blue Merle's bassist, Jason Oettel. I think this might have taken place at their show last Monday, July 4. Anyway, it was stolen along with much other gear from their trailer. This bass is a one of a kind custom handmade creation, it is a very special instrument. The detail work on the bass is such that a close inspection will make it distinguishable from any other bass on the planet. If you see this bass for sale or it turns up anywhere, please contact me directly at eshenbaughguitar@aol.com OR contact Jason at Jason@bluemerle.com . More info will follow as it is made available. When I get a chance to look through my records later tonight, I'll put up the serial #.

Thanks to all you honest bassists,

Sincerely,

Mark Eshenbaugh

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Bad news! :( I'll definately keep my eyes and ears peeled for ya', Mark. ;)

3. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    O_O. If I had that bass stolen from me, and I found the guy who took it... I think I'd maim him. I'll definately keep on the lookout.

4. Just thought I'd put add the pics to the thread to beef up the profile of this theft:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Any update on this theft?

6. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
  7. I wanted to make sure that it was obvious that I was kidding with the "as far as I know" thing. Hopefully, the following is obvious from the respectful and defferent tone of the post (and from the smiley): I don't really believe the friendly and courteous people at LAG would have anything to do with the theft of an instrument. Period.

Thanks