1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ESP Bass opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Schwaa, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Schwaa

Schwaa

Feb 25, 2006
    Don't see much info on these but the reviews I have red have ALL been good. Quite a few good players are using them to.

So what's the general concesus, anyone play 'em, try 'em out, hear them?

I'm looking at getting an ESP LTD 254
    4 string (can be tuned BEAD)
    35" scale
    string thru
    5 piece neck thru (maple/walnut)
    EMG HZ picks
    Rosewood fingerboard
    Agathis body

It's a good price, I think probably worth it but the nearest dealer is 3 1/2 hours away.

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I have B-50 and a C-304. I love them both. My next bass will be a B-404. IMO, ESP LTD are the best value anywhere. Good luck.

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

After I get a job I'm planning on spending my cash on a B405. A friend plays/owns a 404, sounds AMAZING in his band. However i can't see myself not having a B string anytime soon. d'oh.

4. Schwaa

Schwaa

Feb 25, 2006
    Right on, I think the first thing i want to do is ditch the G and add a B. Don't think I want a fiver though.

I don't really want the g anyway, and I've tried a few 5's. i originally thought I'd want one but I think I'll get better on a 4 first, when I have that really good I might look at a five.

I think it'll be a good compliment to my hollow Yamaha. Yamaha is really clean, good highs.
    The ESP is supposed to be a good low ender (low sound not price-although it's not too expensive)

5. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I have a B-254, it is an amazing player, sounds good, and feels good, wouldn't trade it for anything high end.

I sling huge strings on it and drop it to CGCF, and it thumps hard.

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    The B 206 and B405 look realyl cool, as well as the natural Ash Surveyors but I don't know what'S the diff between the two...other than the bridge and tuners...

7. Schwaa

Schwaa

Feb 25, 2006
    Yeah, I like the looks of most of their stuff, deffinately a designer who is good with asthetics.

I love the F series (254) like I'm lookin at. Real mean looking in a standard shape, nothin weird, just mean.