1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ESP bass question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mojtahedi, Mar 4, 2008.

1. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008
    hi,

ive been thinking of buying a squier vm bass for my second bass but recently esp guitars have caught my eyes.

Can any body tell me if there is a esp bass that costs around £250/$500 , which is as gd as a VM bass guitar, please.

thanks

dara

2. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    For $500 you can get an ESP with neck-thru construction and active pick-ups, i had a F-255 that cost me $445 about four years ago. If you don't like the funky body shape of that one there is a comparable B-series guitar for a little bit less i think. Pretty sure that one has a string-thru body bridge as well. Don't buy a squier.

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    That's silly. The VM series continually gets rave reviews here.

Anyway, I haven't spent a significant amount of time with an ESP, but I'm thinkin- ESP, Squier = two completely different animals.

4. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008
    thanks a lot for the help guys.

but cause im in britain its hahrd to get them DANG!!!

5. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008
    is the b154 bass any good?

6. Yes, the B154DX is awesome.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-B154DX-Bass-Guitar?sku=516171
    Its has a great 3 band preamp. I have a F255FM and I love it. It can use better pickups, but the stock are fine. The preamp definitely rocks. My nephew hass the B255FM and loves it.
    The Squire VMs are pretty damn hard to beat. I like the all white or all black ones.
    But, yes ESPs rock.

7. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008

so would you say the b145 is better than the vm basses?

8. Its hard to say because they are 2 different beasts. Do some research on the ESP site.
    http://www.espguitars.com/basses_b.html

The bass I referred to was the B154DX which is a 4 string and the B155DX is the 5 string. They are bolt on.They differ from last years models in that they have 3 band eqs vs the 2 band. Therefore more versatile. It looks like the 254 and 255 are gone now. These were neck through.

The Squire VMs are very nice for the price. You make the call.