1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Esp Ltd B-5JR

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benlauziere, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Hello folks !

Have you heard about the esp ltd b-5jr ? It's a short scale (it seems) 5 string bass by Esp. The only thing that lacks about it is that there's nothing on the net about it. Even on Esp's website ! I was planning to buy this bass because I play short string but always wanted to have that low B growly sound. I'm afraid that on a short scale it will sound floppy... But thought that I could put heavier gauge strings so the sound would be more "bassy".
    Does someone around here have one and could tell me his impressions ? What's the scale lenght (30in or 28.5 like a mikro) ? Does the low B sounds descent ?
    I know that it will not sound like a low B on a Lakland, but for the price, it seems cool !

Thanks guys ! :bassist:

2. jhoffma7

jhoffma7

Jan 16, 2014
    I saw this bass on ebay and it looked interesting. It is a 28 inch scale. I am worried mostly about the quality. They are made in Vietnam which does not sound too good. Like you, I can't seem to find anyone who owns one of these and could give me some feedback. Sorry I don't have more info.....

3. I think it was a limited edition for Guitar Center. There were very few made.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  4. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1398665313.908648.