1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EUB & MIDI ala V-Bass ??

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bassgruvn, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Hello all
    I have a Azoloa Bugbass II I just love. I had this crazy idea last night about hooking up a V-Bass unit to it. Anyone ever try this ? is it possible ??
    Thanx for input :hyper:

2. metalbass.com

metalbass.com

Mar 20, 2006
  3. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Very interesting.

One point I'd like to make: The Roland V-Bass doesn't translate your playing to MIDI notes. It does advanced polyphonic signal processing - sort of like one POD for each string. The V-Bass can't trigger sounds from another MIDI device.
    Things like the Axon or the Roland GR-20 does translate your playing to MIDI, and can thus control another synth.

I don't know much about uprights and V-Bass though. I 've read in the owners manual that the V-Bass has settings for things like scale length (and other settings to describe the physical instrument you're playing) and that the scale length can be 914mm (36") at the most. I don't know how this would affect the working of the unit, if the scale length of your upright is 41" or something.

Perhaps you'd like to visit http://www.vbass.thedrillgun.com/ and ask the guys that actually have a V-Bass. I don't have one, I just wish I did.