Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ever seen "Dazed and Confused"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Smokey, Feb 22, 2004.

1. I just watched it today on Comedy Central, has to be one of the best "party" movies. But I have to ask, for those Americans that were there during the 70's and have seen this movie, was highschool really like that then? It's kinda like that now, in highschool, but not as laid back.

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was in the aliens.

3. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I just watched it this afternoon, well part of it anyway.

It's a good movie.

And yes, high school in the seventies was really like that, I would know. :p :D

4. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    it remembers me the old time when I was 14, :smug: 8 years ago :p :p

Great movie

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I love that movie. I watch it all the time.

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I was living in Austin around '93 when they were filming it, and they did a lot of shooting at a closed down mini-strip center just a few blocks from my house. After work I'd grab a couple of beers and go watch them shoot from across the street. :)

Linklater's first movie, Slacker, was filmed when I was living in the West Campus area, and was filled with people and places I knew. A house I lived in was briefly shown in the movie, too! :bassist:

Linklater's 'Waking Life' is a real trip, too. Check that one out!

7. "whats in the bag?"

"oh...a sixer"

:)

8. And everytime George would come home from the fields, he'd have a big, fat bowl waiting for him.... :smug:

9. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    I graduated High School in 1975.

The clothes.
    The language.
    The cars.
    The characters.

They are all dead on.

10. Finger Blister, where in central Illinois are you from, if you don't mind? Ever heard of the Quad Cities? We're on the River, next to Iowa.

11. "that's the great thing about high school girls, man. i get older... they all stay the same age."

"how ya doin', slater?"
    "fixin' to be a lot better, man!"

"hey man, got any pot?"
    "naw, not on me."
    "it'd be a lot cooler if ya did."

12. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Here's a drinking game for that movie:

Take a shot every time somone says "man".

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  14. rockrollain

rockrollain

Feb 23, 2004
    Crofton MD
    Seen it? I lived it.... :eek:

15. "Hey maaaan, watch the leather" I am buying the DVD tonight, unless I decide Monty Python's Holy Grail is a more worthy purchase.

16. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I like it, but I would've liked it a lot better if it was shown from a different perspective. They focused so much on those jocks and that quarterback complaining about having to sign some stupid peice of paper, who cares about jocks being oppressed by thier coaches?
    I would've liked to see more of those three "nerd" characters, I really liked them. Espescially the red afro girl "red's a good color on you" "My favorite color"

17. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    The Holy Grail is definatly a much more worthy purchase, tons of hilarious extras like latin (or some other language) sub-titles, the knights of camelot song sing-a-long, ect. I enjoy it greatly.

18. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003

F*in' a man!

19. I bought D and C tonight, Best Buy didn't have Holy Grail (they never do, it's such a popular item). Just finished watching it, and it's even better the third time :cool:

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    "Y'all ready to go bust some ass?"

"Looks like O'Baninon finally got that paintjob"

Some of the very early roles of both Ben Affleck (O'Bannion) , and Matthew McConaughey (Wooderson).

"Well let me tell ya what ol Melbatoast is packin here......"

"Or you could lose the two geeks your with now, and ride with us"

Stupid, but great movie