1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ever seen these?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Apr 5, 2006.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Hi! someone in Uruguay is selling some pedals and claiming they are from the 70`s. He says the effects are either MXR o Giannini.

Anyone knows anything or has any experience whith these?
    he asks 120 dollars for the 3.

efe.

2. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    Dude! Buy it! Now!

That box on the right includes an MXR Autoflanger, which by itself is worth well more than $120.

[​IMG]

Hmmm, modezero.com doesn't seem to like links to its images, here is a link to the page
    http://www.modezero.com/autoflanger.htm

Read a bit about it HERE

-- T. G. --

3. i'd do it...they look cool...plus that sets them at 40 bucks a piece...if you don't like them, i'm sure ebay would get you more than whatyou would pay

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1, the MXR unit by itself is worth more than $120 if it's in good working order. It's designed to be used as a rack-installation piece, not a stomp box, so be sure it comes with a power supply (otherwise it will be unusable).

5. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    they certainly would look more impressive than a couple of boss pedals on your board

6. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Ill try to contact the guy and try them out, if they sound good and are in good conditions i think ill buy them.

Giennini is a Brazilian brand; anyone heard of it before?

also, the guy told me the MXR`s are 2 limiters and a flanger....

in the pic tommy.genes posted the flager was a rack-like unit. And in the pic the seller is giving it seems thare are 3 rack units, but in the same box, which doesnt look like a rack, any input on this ?

What else should i check apart from the power supply? these pedals are old and can be in bad conditions, off course ill try them out before buying them....

thanks!

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Those rack pieces from MXR are a modular style that was popular in professional recording studios before digital gear and the 19" rack standard took over. A lot of older pro-level mixing boards were put together in a modular way, instead of the "finished consumer product" style of today. So you could get modules by MXR, dbx, Pultec, Meyer, and a variety of other makers which would fit in this type of rack enclosure, and mount them alongside the channel strips (which were also modules) of your mixing board.

8. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    i talked to the seller and he sayd the power supply was 12 volts. That he didmy have one but he `ll get one these days so i can go and try them out. Were these pedal originl powered by a standard 12 volt supply?

Also he sayd he dont have an amp sp ill try them with s mixing board and headphones........ anything i should check_?

thanks