Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young (Pino)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by TL5, Jul 5, 2005.

1. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    Do you know the song? Daryll Hall of Hall and Oates wrote it, but the Paul Young recording with the great Pino Palladino on bass seems to be the definitive version.

I'm learning it. What is the last chord before the chorus?
    I've only seen one chord chart for this song. It's in the wrong key (charted in C, Paul Young version is in F) and that line is/was totally wrong.

2. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    I believe the root is B, maybe in a Bdim or half dim and surprisingly, I think that's all Pino is playing there. The line seems to be walking up from the A, and a Bdim or Bmin(b5) would easily resolve to the F which starts the chorus.

Haven't played it a lot, but that's what it sounds like on a quick listen. Good luck on all those fills, especially the ones with the octave on.

3. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    I just got thru pluggin in my headphones/CD to my Bassman amp, and yes the B is right. It goes to the A, Bb, then B before going back to the 1 (F) for the chorus.

Actually it's not as hard as I thought - other than some of those fills. I think a lot of those ocatve thing are pretty simple it's the quick filss back to the 1 that are tough.